What are the steps for drop shipping from overseas warehouses?There are 2 types of drop shipping from overseas warehouses.
One type is dropshipping from overseas warehouse suppliers.
One is for the seller to store the goods from their own sources to overseas warehouses, and then find a service provider to assist with drop shipping.
If the service provider assists in drop shipping, there are quite a few of them. It’s hard to say which one is better. I can only say which one is more suitable. For the vast majority of drop shipping from overseas warehouses, there are only two methods. It mainly depends on what you want to do, and then you can find a service provider or supplier.
The largest and most famous brands among drop shipping platforms are Magento, BigCommerce, SquareSpace, 3DCart, and GoDaddy. These companies just made some adjustments based on actual conditions and market needs, fundamentally changing the way the drop shipping model works. At some point, these companies also built new business ideas again based on the dropshipping model and gained fame and credibility across the globe.
Operation steps for dropshipping from overseas warehouses:
1: The seller arranges for the courier company to transport the goods to the US warehouse;
2: The warehouse receives the goods, counts them and puts them on the shelves;
3: When a customer places an order on the platform, the customer submits the order information in the warehouse system;
4: After receiving the order information, the warehouse will arrange the delivery and local/international distribution;
5: The customer receives the order goods.
1. Large-volume purchases and shipments to overseas warehouses are basically shipped abroad by traditional sea freight. Compared with small parcel air freight, the transportation cost is greatly reduced.
2. Strong ability to resist out-of-stock risks. As long as warehouse management is done well and warehouses are replenished on time, even if there are emergencies such as an epidemic, even if production cannot be made in time, overseas warehouses will still have goods in stock, and normal sales can still be carried out.
3. A very important point is that it greatly improves the timeliness of distribution and delivery, improves overseas customer satisfaction and repurchase rates, and forms a virtuous cycle;
4. Some overseas warehouses can help sellers process order information for returns and exchanges. Some overseas warehouses can not only check for damage to goods, but also provide services such as packaging replacement, inspection and repair.
Disadvantages of drop shipping from overseas warehouses:
1. Financial pressure. As mentioned before, the overseas warehouse model requires large quantities of goods and sufficient funds to store goods.
2. Inventory risk. Product selection in the cross-border e-commerce market is very important. Once there is a mistake in product selection and market control, it can easily lead to a backlog of inventory, and it is also difficult to control the goods abroad, so many of the backlogged goods will eventually be damaged.