What is drop shipping from overseas warehouses?There are 2 forms of drop shipping for overseas warehouses.
One is drop shipping from overseas warehouse suppliers.
One is that the seller prepares the goods from their own sources to the overseas warehouse and then asks the service provider to help them deliver a piece.
If the service provider helps one piece of drop shipping, this is a bit too much. It is hard to say which one is better, but which one is more suitable. Basically, there are only two forms of drop shipping from overseas warehouses. It mainly depends on what you want to do, and then you are looking for service providers or suppliers.
What are the current cross-border e-commerce overseas warehouse delivery platforms?
The biggest and most well-known brands in dropshipping platforms are Magento, Big Commerce, Square Space, 3D Cart, Go Daddy. These companies just made some modifications based on the actual situation and market demand, which fundamentally changed the way the drop shipping model works. In some cases, these companies have also rebuilt new business ideas based on generational models and have built a reputation and credibility around the world. The basic concepts about these companies are as follows.
Operation steps for drop shipping from overseas warehouses:
1: The seller arranges the courier to ship the goods to the US warehouse;
2: The warehouse receives the goods and counts them on the shelves;
3: When a buyer places an order on the platform, the buyer uploads the order in the warehouse system;
4: The warehouse receives the order instruction for distribution and delivery, and the United States / international delivery;
5: The buyer receives the order item.
Advantages of drop shipping from overseas warehouses:
1. Large-scale purchases and stocking to overseas warehouses are generally shipped abroad by traditional shipping, which greatly reduces logistics costs compared to small-package air transportation.
2. Strong ability to resist the risk of out-of-stocks, as long as inventory management is done well, and warehouses are replenished in time, even if the production cannot be produced in time due to the epidemic situation, overseas warehouses still have stocks in stock and can still be sold normally.
3. Most importantly, it greatly improves the delivery timeliness, improves overseas customer satisfaction and repurchase rate, and forms a virtuous circle;
4. Some overseas warehouses can also help sellers to process returns of orders. Some overseas warehouses can not only check for damaged goods, but also provide services such as repackaging, inspection and maintenance.
Disadvantages of drop shipping from overseas warehouses:
1. Financial pressure. As mentioned above, the overseas warehouse model requires bulk stocking and a certain amount of capital to suppress the goods.
2. Inventory risk. The selection of products in the cross-border e-commerce market is king. Once there is a mistake in the selection of products and the market grasp, it is easy to cause slow sales, and it is difficult to control the goods abroad, so many backlogs of goods eventually lead to scrap.
Remarks: The above content is only an internal opinion and is for reference only.