What are the advantages of international air logistics? How is it billed?International air express is a kind of air cargo business. The airlines, airports and other relevant departments that operate this business, or the air freight forwarding company that specializes in this business, send special personnel to transport and hand over the goods between the owner, the airport, and the user with the fastest speed.
International air express takes the route of express customs declaration and is transported by air. The main types include:
1. Commercial express: UPS express, TNT express, DHL express, FEDEX express, collectively referred to as the four major express;
2. International postal express: such as China EMS, Singapore EMS, Hong Kong EMS, etc.;
3. Special line express: transport to foreign countries by air charter, and deliver to the destination country through cooperative companies. For example: China-Russia special line, European special line, China-US special line, etc.;
1. Fast aging. Generally, the intercontinental express delivery is completed within 1-5 days; within the region, it only takes 1-3 days. Such transmission speed is difficult to achieve no matter the traditional air cargo industry or postal transportation.
2. High security. Because in the form of international air express, the express delivery is completed within the same company from the beginning to the end, the operating procedures of each branch are the same, and the service standards are basically the same, and the internal information exchange of the same company is more convenient, which protects the high-value and fragile goods of customers. It will also be more appropriate, so the safety and reliability of transportation will be better.
3. More convenient. To be precise, international air express is more than just a form of air transport, it is more like land-air combined transport. The service extends from the airport to the customer's receiving place, which truly realizes door-to-door service and facilitates customers. In addition, the international air express company provides customers with more convenient online services. After the goods are sent out, customers can check the whole logistics status through the official website at any time.
In the international air express, due to the limited space, it will definitely hurt the cost to put a large light cargo in the same space. Therefore, according to international standards, the express weight is divided into actual weight and volume weight.
After the items are packaged, measure the length, width and height of the carton (or wooden box and other outer packaging) and weigh it. In air express, most channel charging standards are based on the maximum value of actual weight and volume weight. The formula for volume weight (kg) is: length, width, and height of the outer packaging (cm)/5000.
For example, the size of the carton is length (50 cm), width (40 cm), height (60 cm), and the volume weight calculated according to the size of the carton is: 50 cm x 40 cm x 60 cm ÷ 5000 = 24 (kg/volume weight). If the actual weight of the carton is 20 kg, then the charged weight is 24 kg (volume weight); if the actual weight of the carton is 28 kg, then the charged weight is 28 kg (actual weight).
The goods in international air express are generally divided into three categories: general goods, sensitive goods and contraband. Ordinary goods are ordinary goods, contraband are goods prohibited by law, and sensitive goods can be said to be goods between ordinary goods and prohibited goods.
1. Ordinary goods, as the name suggests, are ordinary goods, which are ordinary and ordinary, without potential safety hazards, and without brand LOGO or internationally famous cartoon image patterns. Goods that do not contain sensitive goods or prohibited goods are ordinary goods. General goods can be exported normally.
General goods include: textiles, fibers and their products; various small household appliances, machinery, equipment and accessories; kitchen utensils, books and other publications.
2. Sensitive goods are between general goods and contraband, and may involve some contraband that is not strictly supervised. Generally speaking, the export of sensitive goods is restricted, and the official channels of air transportation and international express delivery do not undertake the transportation of sensitive goods.
(1) "Live" (battery-containing) products (such as: electrical equipment may contain batteries; electric equipment such as lawn mowers, golf carts, wheelchairs, etc. may contain batteries);
(2) Magnetic products (such as speakers, microphones, speakers, earphones, motors, motors);
(3) powder, paste and liquid, gas;
(4) Cosmetics, food, medicine, beverages (tea, liquor, etc.);
Contraband items, that is, items that cannot be sent in international air express. Refers to some items that are prohibited from being transported domestically and internationally, it is illegal to export such items, and contraband items are prohibited from being mailed.
(1) Explosive, flammable, corrosive, toxic, strongly acidic and radioactive dangerous goods
(2) Narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, such as opium, morphine, cocaine (cocaine), etc.; items prohibited by national laws and regulations, such as arms and weapons, domestic or foreign currency, etc.
(3) Perishable items, various live animals (such as fresh fish, fresh meat, etc.).
(4) Articles that hinder public health, such as dead bones (including incinerated bones), untanned animal skins, and unmedicated animal bones, etc.
(5) Reactionary newspapers, books or obscene materials, etc.
Some of the items listed above or items with the above properties are prohibited items. International air express companies absolutely do not undertake transportation of such items, and it is illegal to carry them.
Remarks: The above content is only an internal opinion and is for reference only.